Zanzibar has a competitive advantage in the tourism industry because of its nature, cultural heritage, history and renowned tradition of hospitality. The ZSGRP III (MKUZA III), calls for innovativeness, creativity, high-quality products and services that offer unique, engaging and memorable experiences and value for money in a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
The tourism sector boasts of a wide variety of tourism options, from the historical and cultural sites such as Old Stone Town, to beaches and leisure activities. For some of these opportunities, ZIPA is open to support and facilitate entering into partnerships with private business people through PPP.
- Up-market hotels/resorts
- Chain hotels
- Sports tourism
- Conference tourism
- Health tourism
- Special cuisine restaurants (Joint venture)
- Recreation and amusement centres
- Tour operation (locals only)
- Establishment of colleges for hospitality industry
- Construction of exhibition and convention centres (PPP)
- Ecotourism related to botanical gardens and city parks at Masingini, Ngezi and Jozani (PPP)
- Development and renovation of historical buildings and sites (PPP)